This week I did my first ever online grocery shopping and I quickly realised as I was unpacking my order that I have no idea of the size of things, please don't ever ask me for an estimate!
My first surprise were the boxes of weetbix and rice bubbles, way smaller than what I would usually get. What sounded like a lot on the list of online products was obviously not that much and I think I'll be shopping for cereal again very soon!
But I was amazed at how big a 4kg box of washing powder and a packet of 100 ziplock sandwich bags are. At least I won't have to buy these things again for a long time!
It made me realise what a creature of habit I am when I go shopping, I just grab the things I recognise and always get without giving much thought to it.
I got some free samples with my groceries, for what it's worth, here's what I think....
Craisens - thanks supermarket, now I know I don't like them very much and wouldn't buy them.
Bottled bolognaise sauce - again, thanks, saved me wasting my money on this. I did use it for dinner, it was OK in a dinner emergency for Hubby and me, but really the one I make is SO much better. Monkey Boy & Ellie Bellie wouldn't even try the bottled one!
Cleaning cloth - some supposedly "streak free" cleaning cloths.....I'll believe it when I see it!
I don't think the marketing people will like me very much!
I have also discovered that I'm not very well organised and don't make very good lists. The same day my groceries were delivered I had to go shopping to get the few things I had missed. And I've been to the shops at least once a day for every day since!
Will I do it again? Yes I think so. It was great to get all the bulky stuff delivered and it also meant I didn't have to go shopping on what has to be one of our wettest days so far this winter!
What about you? Do you do online grocery shopping? How often? Do you also have to go back to the shops for things you forgot? How do you organise your shopping lists or do you just like to walk the aisles?
No comments:
Post a Comment