You know how sometimes there's a series of events and Event A has to happen so that Event B can happen but sometimes you forget and Event B doesn't happen because Event A didn't happen and you failed to realise the significance of that at the time......let me explain more clearly......
I've just started a bit of work on Wednesday afternoons, well I should say, I'm getting paid for a few hours work, rather than the usual unpaid 24/7. Due to the timing I can't get to school on time to pick up Ellie Bellie in the afternoon, so I arranged that she would get a lift home with her friend Ruby, and I would take the girls to school in the morning. Today Ruby didn't go to school as she wasn't feeling well. What I failed to think through was that therefore Ruby's mum would not be going to school this afternoon to pick them up. So, I finished work (a bit early as it turns out) and thought I'd just do a bit of shopping before I had to go get Monkey Boy from playschool. At about 3.35 my phone rang and it was Hubby saying he had just got a call from Mrs E (Ellie Bellie's teacher) and I thought "How odd that she would be ringing after school" and then he told me the reason for her call, she was ringing to find out if anyone was going to come and collect Ellie Bellie from school????? I won't repeat what I said next.......
So, I drove rather quickly to school, imagining her crying inconsolably because she had been abandoned and feeling like the worst mother in the world! I got to school at about 3.45, ran through the carpark into the classroom to find her happily playing in the class room, doing puzzles and reading books and it hadn't worried her at all that I was late. In fact she asked me if I could do it again some time! I think she liked having the complete attention of Mrs E. But what a complete idiot I felt as I apologised profusely to Mrs E and explained why I was so late!
What about you? Have you ever had a brain malfunction? Have you ever forgotten and left your kids somewhere? How do you explain to the teacher that you are not a complete idiot / unfit parent??????
1 comment:
Oh no, you poor thing! At least Ellie-Bellie wasn't worried :)
I haven't quite done that but, believe me, I've had plenty of other brain fart episodes. Like when I locked my keys in the car. Four times in a fortnight! Or bought home a vital piece of equipment from work (that absolutely positively had to stay at work) and then didn't even notice until I was going to work again three days later. And yes, work definitely noticed but didn't think I could have been so stupid. Ummm, yeah. I was indeed *that* stupid.
Post a Comment