What a very busy, outdoorsy few days the Bees have had this weekend. Spring is definitely in the air around Perth.
On Saturday we went to Araluen Botanic Gardens where each year they plant loads of tulips (loads in the sense of "more than a few" but not many compared to Floriade if you've ever seen that). If ever you are going to suffer from "lens envy" then this is probably the place it will happen! About every second person was walking around with amazing looking camera gear, tripods and kneeling pads (without them you end up with muddy knees, trust me on that one).
Having fun - wrestling on the lawn with daddy
Then today we went to Whiteman Park for a birthday party. This is a very large park in the northern suburbs of Perth, a lot of native bush, but with great cleared areas for picnics & BBQs, paths for bike riding, and a steam train.
Waiting for the train - Monkey Boy doing what he does best, climbing on things
A daisy chain kinda day
Such fun - blowing bubbles from the train
A great fun weekend, but now I'm very tired and worn out from all that fresh air.....








2 comments:
Floriade starts in a couple of weeks. PJ usually hogs the camera but this year I'll go and visit myself in the middle of the day :-)
Your kids are gorgeous. And I love the idea of blowing bubbles from a train! Will have to try that.
Oh Jen, your kids are GORGEOUS! I've never been to Araluen to see the tulips, and considering how much I love tulips I can't quite believe that. I'll have to put that on the list of 'things to do'.
Post a Comment