Do you remember how I said a while ago that I was going away for a week and I was a bit worried about it? Well it was wonderful! Sure, I did miss the kids, but not as much as I thought I would. Does that make me a bad mummy? It sure makes me feel guilty to say it! Of course I missed them, but it wasn't the gut wrenching, "I wonder what they're doing now and if they miss me too" type of missing them.
I did a lot of the things I said I'd do. I slept in. With my friend I went out for quite, relaxing coffees. I had lunch at 3pm if that was what I felt like doing, without having to worry about the children being hungry if I hadn't organised food for them. We went shopping, no actually, we went BROWSING! We spent as long as we wanted in each shop: there were trinkets, and delicate items, and I didn't have to say "stop touching" or worry about paying for stuff that might accidentally have gotten broken. We went for walks at odd times of the day, late afternoons when I would usually be preparing dinner, or when it was dark. I read books. My flight home was delayed and it didn't matter because I had no-one but myself to entertain at the airport. I watched a whole movie on the plane. I enjoyed my meal during the flight and had a glass of wine. I must have looked like a desperate mum on a trip away from the kids because the attendants kept offering me more, wine that is, not kids!
I'm sure it's a bit of a cliche, but it was so nice to just have "me" time, to do what I wanted, when I wanted. I'm wondering when the next trip can be???? Anyone want to come??? Although maybe somewhere a bit more glamorous than Wagga Wagga next time????
BTW, I missed hubby too!
2 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! My sister and I have just started talking about taking a weekend away without the kids, I don't know if it will actually happen, but it's nice to dream :)
Sounds divine! There's a bloggers meetup happening soon - it's not Wagga and it's not a week but it's still a night out without kidlets...
Post a Comment