Hello Blog,
I think I've been avoiding you. You're a bit too "busy" with those busy bees all over the place. You haven't explained who the Bees are. You don't have any links to your twitter thingy. You don't have enough photos or pretty pictures. Your font is a bit hard to read. You don't do anything reliable like Gratituesday or Wordless Wednesday or Flog Your Blog Friday for your readers to return to. You don't have a "you may also like" at the bottom of each post. You don't tell me how to contact you (so that I can send you money or gifts....). Sorry Blog but I'm just not really liking you at the moment. I feel bad that maybe I'm being a bit harsh and judgemental, I really don't want to hurt your feelings.
Reply from Blog
Sorry, but you know, these are really your problems, now just get organised, make some time and fix me up to be the Blog you really want me to be and stop whinging about it!
3 comments:
It took me years to figure out what I wanted my blog to be about. I faffed (phaphed?) about for ages with different themes and titles before finally figuring out the three things I enjoyed writing about the most. It helped me to have a plan, a bit of direction. Although I miss the mini-posts I used to do (just a picture, or a link to something interesting, or a joke... those were fun). Anyway, point is, it might take you a while to decide what it is you're doing here, and once you've made up your mind it will become much less of a chore and much more of a joy. Keep going!
I agree with Trish. I am pretty new at the whole blogging thing, but I am just enjoying the journey for now. I have started doing quite a lot of the things like Wordless wednesday, mostly at first just to give it a go, but now i am enjoying the connections and being part of something. it also gives me direction for when i am feeling too tired/busy/lazy to do something more!
xx
And I agree with both Trish and Sannah. I have lots of directions on my blog - food, the kids, stuff we do, the reno's, places we go, blah, blah, blah... I think it takes a while to find your groove and, as you know, sometimes you lose it for awhile. I do find that having my regular stuff like Gratituesday does help but I also don't want to end up with a formula that I follow. Find what makes you happy - even if it's a line or two, a quick photo or a link to something you've found somewhere else and the longer posts will come along too.
PS I love your bees.
PPS I sent you an email about a blogging social thing that's coming up.
Post a Comment