Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's alway sunny above the clouds


Image from here

Last week I was on the other side of Australia, away from my family (more about that in another post). When I got on the plane to begin my trip home it was a grey, cold, windy and cloudy day. The little plane took off and climbed higher and higher (why do planes with propellers rather than jet engines seem scarier to fly in? Or is that just me?) eventually breaking through the clouds to bright joyous sunshine. I felt my spirits immediately lifted as I felt the warmth coming through the window and looked at the big white fluffy clouds that looked so much happier from this side. And I got to thinking that it's always sunny above the clouds!

This thought has helped sustain me today as I struggle at home with two sick, sad, miserable children! It's sunny up there somewhere!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Hon

Brooke here...it's not just you, I am terrified of the smaller planes and it didn't help that it was fairly gusty flying into Kingsford Smith Airport. Neen and I had a few 'hold your breath moments'. but we made it safely.
It is an amazingly beautiful thing being up there above the clouds where we humans really should not be. Glad you are home safe and hope your cherubs pep up soon.
B xxx