Saturday, July 30, 2011

What's on your plate?

Photo from here
No, this is not a post about what you're eating, I'm talking about car number plates.

On Thursday as I was driving around - kids to school, visit friend for coffee, stop at shops for food for dinner - the usual sort of daily driving, I'm not a courier or someone who spends all day on the road, I started to notice just how many personalised number plates there are around where I live. Once I started noticing, I couldn't stop!!! Here is a sample of those that I have seen in the last 3 days:

1DRKANGEL, TAZZY, CO4T, BEEARCH, POOCHE, LTHLWPN, HUGABUG, IDOMAKEUP, ESCAPIN, WOOP D DO, MYCRUZR, BON SCOTT, JULIE64, CLIFFY2, SPARKSY1, TENNISACE, ROD N JAC, DEANO 3, BELZ, MARRVELUS, LABRATS, MEKSA1, WALTER57, THE HEMI, MELISSA1, BROCK99, 1 EYE PIE, COOL DOLL, PERKY, LE BEAT, KAYAK1, NITRO V6, THE OLLYS, PHOTOSRUS, MSEXPENSV, KAYE01, YUMMEE, BLKTIVO, RABBITOHS, PHONE US, BOOP N IT, IRVINE, MISS JESS, MS HELL62, RENNEE B, JACMAC, DANNII88, MAGGIES, U BEAUTE, OUTACNTRL, DOOHAN1, CHOOK80, DECOY, BAG LADY, NEEDFUL, TNT, TINYS TOY, ELLEGOO, 3CHRISSY.

Then there were all the three letter name and number combos - KEN123, BEC456, TAM789 etc, as well as all the ones issued for various charities, clubs and organisations. I've never really noticed before just how many there are, but noticing them has now become a bit of an obsession! Must keep my eyes on the road, not on number plates!

What about you? Do you see many personalised number plates around your place? Do you have one yourself? What would you get on your plates if you could?

No comments: